Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Curzon Ashton On Saturday 19th October at 3.00pm

Sunday, October 13, 2024

I Want As Many Minutes As Possible Said Bartley


Ryan Bartley has joined Hereford on loan from Derby and started yesterday's game at Buxton.

The young defender trained with the squad last Thursday but one would have thought from his performance he had been with Hereford much longer.

After the game he spoke to the local media.

"We came with a game plan and we stuck to it," said Bartley.

"Very happy with the result."

How did the move to Hereford come about?

"I was on my way back from a Monday night game at Sunderland and my gaffer came and said to me that Hereford were interested.

"Obviously I know the club because it was the last game I played when I was on loan at Spennymoor. They were a good side and held us to a 0-0 draw.

"So after having a conversation with the gaffer I thought it was the best thing for my development.

"I had a training session on Thursday night. As soon as I came I could tell there was a good changing room.The boys helped me feel really welcome so I'm happy where I'm at."

Did you know you were going to start this afternoon?

"I wasn't sure until I came in and gaffer said I was starting. I wasn't sure what formation I was going to play as well.

"As soon as I got the news I was happy to get going.

"I think the one game I had here (Buxton) last season, I played for Derby against Buxton so just getting used to the ground, seeing what astro is like, I thought it was a good day for me.

"A couple of years ago I played National League South and just being on loan at Spennymoor I could tell the difference. There's a lot more fight over here.

"Transitioning out of under 21's football which I think is essential for a player of my age, you've got to fight, I think that is the main difference for me adjusting to this league and being able to fight for the three points."

What's the situation with Hereford?

"At the moment I'm here on a 28 day loan, the main focus in the 28 days is to try and get as many minutes as possible, try and help the team.

"We are in a good position at the moment especially after this game so yes try and contribute to the team and at the end of my loan see where it takes me.

"The most important thing for me at the moment is to get mens first team football so that's my focus now."