Monday, March 22, 2021

Woking Manager Has Players Coming In For Hereford Game

Woking manager Alan Dowson is hoping to have a few extra players available for Saturday's FA Trophy match at Hereford.

Dowson has a couple of players with niggling injuries and a National League match at Wealdstone tomorrow evening to get through so those extra players may be needed.

Crawley Town loanee Sam Ashford has a knee problem and didn't feature last Saturday and Jamar Loza was replaced before kick-off after not being comfortable in the warm-up prior to the game. Jack Cook also missed the game.

"I know we’ve had a few knocks and Lozar felt a bit tight in the warm-up and we just hope he’s going to be alright,” said Dowson. “Cooky wasn’t available either as he’s not right so we decided to change things up. I thought the character of the team was very good.

"We’ve just got to make sure we’ve got a clean bill of health for next week [Hereford] as I know that’s where I’ll be judged. I know that’s where we have a great chance and I’m building that one up."

Dowson is hopeful of bolstering his squad before Saturday.

"There a little injuries I’m trying to stay clear of [with other players] so we are okay for the Hereford game. We have a striker coming in and possibly two who could be involved in the Trophy."