Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, August 31, 2019

I Expected More From Hereford Said Boston Manager


After their 0-0 draw at Hereford this afternoon, Boston manager Craig Elliot gave his reaction.

"I'm fairly happy in terms of the performance," said Elliot.

"I thought we were excellent.

"To come here and control the game like we did for long periods, I just think we needed a bit of luck.

"I expected a lot more from them today in controlling the game but it was us playing like the home team really.

"I think we expected a bit of a back-lash to start with but I thought we started the better team and went on to dominate the first half.

"And we dominated the second half for large periods apart from their long throws and a couple of corners."

Boston nearly won the game with 15 minutes to go when Keiran Thomas cleared off the line.

"Great header, obviously they cleared off the line.

"Obviously this is a tough place to come so there's not too much to grumble about."