Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Richards Says He'll Handle The Pressure


Head Coach Marc Richards says he will handle the pressure after fans were making their frustrations loan after the 3-0 loss at home to Southport this evening.

Richards says he completely understands why fans are frustrated, but the main issue for him was Danny Greenslade's sending off midway through the first half which 'completely changed the game'.


"I understand their frustrations and I understand why they're really disappointed, especially from a results perspective at the moment," said Richards.

"I think up until Saturday the performances had been okay, but ultimately it's a results business and we're not getting the right results at the moment.

"I completely understand their frustrations and it's something we need to try and sort out."

Richards admitted he was under pressure after picking up only four points out of a possible 27 since being in charge.

"It's part and parcel of being a football manager at whatever level," Richards added.

"There's pressure, but I'll take the pressure. I've got no problems taking all the pressure because I want the players to be able to play with freedom when we get up and running."

The former Gloucester City manager also said that Danny Greenslade's sending off changed the game, with Hereford going 1-0 down with the penalty that followed.

He added: "We started off okay, but the sending off in the 22nd minute completely changed the game.

A good goal disallowed as well, but that's where we're at. We need to knuckle and make sure we turn this around.

"The main issue today was the sending off. I think it was penalty, Danny switched off and it was a definite penalty.

"I thought red was really harsh. I thought there were covering defenders and a yellow.

"We're not making excuses, we weren't good enough ultimately because we ended up losing the game and the buck stops with me.

"We've got to sort it out quickly."