Saturday, July 18, 2015

Good Competitive Game Said Merthyr Manager



Merthyr FC Manager Steve Jenkins felt this afternoon's friendly against Hereford FC had been a 'good, competitive game.'

"A good competitive pre-season game and good preparation for both clubs," said Jenkins.

"It was great to see some familiar faces as well.

"Hereford played really well but it's pre-season so the result doesn't really matter. 

"It's all about getting minutes in and players getting their fitness.

"I'm in constant contact with Beads. We're close and we speak a couple of times a week. We bounce off each other.

"I'll always keep an eye out for him because I was there for a spell not so long ago.

"Hopefully they will do well, which I'm sure they will."

Hereford's Nathan Hughes Keeps Ahead Of  Ryan Green
Former Hereford United player Ryan Green captained Merthyr this afternoon.

"He's done great for me we've also got Gavin (Williams) but he's injured and we've got Bauza. And also Cameron the young keeper.

"It's nice to see as well because there's quite a few of the youth team boys I was involved in with Beads here today.

"Players got a little bit tired today but it was warm, your feet get hot on this surface, it's hard to play on. I'm sure it was the same for the Hereford boys.

"But it was a great workout for both clubs."