Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Thursday, January 01, 2015

Bowen Enjoying Hull


Jarrod Bowen
In an interview on the Hull Tigers Academy site former Hereford United player Jarrod Bowen says he has settled down well at his new club. Last summer Bowen signed a three year deal with the Tigers. Hereford didn't receive any fee for the youngster.

“Everything has been great and I’ve loved my time at the Academy so far,” said Bowen. “Obviously moving away from home and my family at such a young age was a hard decision to make but I feel as though it was the right one for my career. It’s a good three to four hour drive away but you have to make sacrifices in life at times to achieve your goals and I’ve done that by coming here.

“It was a difficult decision to make, especially when you’ve been mollycoddled for the first 17 years of life but it was a fantastic opportunity to come here after what happened at Hereford and one that I couldn’t afford to turn down. I want to be a professional footballer and coming here was the best thing to do in order to help me achieve that goal.

“There were a few other offers on the table in the summer, but having spoken to Tony, my agent and my family, it was clear to see that the best option for me was to come here and nothing that has happened my first six months has made me change my mind on that. It was the right decision to make and, as I say, I couldn’t be happier with the how things are working out.

“I’ve settled in well to my new surroundings and the fact that I’m happy and settled off-the-pitch has helped me on-the-pitch in my opinion. Most importantly - I’m enjoying my football. Being in the Academy set-up is a great environment to work in, day in, day out and I’m just focused on continuing my development as a player and improving my game. As I say, it’s been a good move for me so far and things are working out well - long may that continue.”

The full interview is at:  http://www.hulltigersacademy.com/news/bowen-enjoying-the-experience