Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Purdie wants a regular position

Former Hereford United utilily player Rob Purdie has said he would like to stick to a regular position in the Darlington side.

As at Edgar Street Purdie has found himself being asked to play at virtually every position except for goalkeeper. However in recent games he has played on the right of midfield and would like to make that his main position.

“I was happy playing leftback and I’m happy playing right-midfield,” Purdie told the Darlington and Stockton Times.

“It’s a lot easier to settle and play more consistently when you’re in the same position week after week.

“That’s something I didn’t have last season, apart from towards the end, and for the bulk of last season I was inconsistent.

“It doesn’t help playing in one position one week and another the next. It can sometimes work to freshen me up when I get moved to a new position. But I don’t like being moved to a new position when I’ve been playing well, that’s the only problem.

“I moved to leftback during the Chester game last week and did alright.

"But I’m 26 now and I really want to nail down a position.”