Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Murray will be fine says McCarthy

Wolves manager Mick McCarthy has told the Birmingham Mail that goalkeeper Matt Murray will be fine.

27 year old Murray suffered a ruptered tendon whilst playing for Hereford United at MK Dons a fortnight ago.

"I haven’t seen him personally but I spoke to him yesterday after his op and he said the operation had gone well," said McCarthy.

"He knows he has now got to let nature take its course.

"The staff are pleased with the way the operation went.

"Matt will be alright. The first day he was obviously upset about it but he is a top sportsman and he knows sitting about and moping about it is not going to help so he has had the operation done and he is going to crack on now and get fit again.

"Does he have a future? Of course. He will take the positives out of this."

McCarthy recently had knee surgery himself.

"Take the leg he had the operation on.

"He will probably be on crutches now for a few weeks so his standing leg will be as strong as an ox – like mine.

"I will be going round in circles when I get on my bike again because my right leg will be twice as strong.

"I have told Matt this and said you have to take the positives out of the situation.

"Give the knee chance to heal and Matt will be fine. He will be grand.

"He has got wonderful staff here, wonderful medical support."