Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Warnock: GT Was "Nutter"

Speaking to the South London Press, Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock admitted he retains an admiration of Bulls boss Graham Turner ahead of the Carling Cup clash:

"That's a great story - Hereford and Graham Turner. I thought he was a nutter when he went there, I thought he would never last five minutes.

"My first game in the Football League was against him - he was Wolves manager and I was at Scarborough. He's a super man and a gentleman, one of the best I've ever met. It's fantastic how he's done and what he's achieved managing and as the chairman - I suppose one advantage is he can't sack himself!"

The Eagles have signed former Welsh international John Oster and ex-Southampton winger Leandre Griffit on short term deals, and both are expected to feature during the game although Warnock insists he will field a strong team.