Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, April 07, 2024

So Proud Of The Lads Said Caddis


Hereford manager Paul Caddis said he was 'so proud' of the players despite losing at Scunthorpe.

"We've played three games in six days," said Caddis in his post match interview.

"We've not trained since last Tuesday week because we thought we were playing Friday so we didn't train Thursday, the dsay before the game.

"Over the weekend we couldn't get a venue. Then we play Buxton, a really tough game, got a point.

"Then a difficult pitch (Banbury) two days later. Then we don't train Thursday because the lads were home late and then they are working Thursday morning.

"I thought the first half we were excellent. I thought the score line at the break probably flattered them.

"In the first game they were really clinical and they were clinical again today.

"I'm disappointed with the manner of the goals because I thought especially first half we were well in control. But that's what it is."

Given Hereford were ahead at half time what did Caddis tell his players?

"Just keep going, there wasn't much you could say, you can't change too much as things were going well for us. We were dominating the game.

"I don't think they worried us at all in the first half, we had some decent chances, we had a penalty that we didn't get.

"So just pretty much keep going."

However Scunthorpe upped their game and it wasn't long before they equalised.

"The boy Roberts is a brilliant player. I don't like talking about finances but that what you get when you pay money for good players.

"He's a top player, shouldn't be at this level as are quite a few of them.

"I know Butterfield really well, I played with Butts at Bradford, a brilliant player.

"We're proud, really proud. I thought the supporters were excellent from the off, they kept going.

"I think the supporters aren't silly, they recognise what we are up against, they recognise what the lads are doing in terms of being part time, juggling with working and travelling down here.

"We're disappointed with the result but I'm really proud of the players"