Next Game: Forest Green Rovers at Home on Wednesday 25th July at 7.45pm

Sunday, March 05, 2017

South And West Weekend Review

Hereford's march to the EVO-STIK League Southern's Division One South & West title was halted on Saturday when a pitch invasion led to their match at Didcot Town being abandoned, writes Pitchero's Steve Whitney.

The incident came three minutes from the end of normal time after Hereford had taken a 2-1 lead through Mike Symons. Earlier, Diddy had taken the lead with a George Reid penalty after he had been brought down by Ryan Green, who was dismissed.
The home side also went down to ten-men after a second booking for Stuart Cattell, with top scorer John Mills levelling from the spot against his former club. But then came the invasion and the referee calling a half to proceedings.

Second-placed Tiverton Town look certain to finish in the top three after winning 4-1 at Ladysmead against North Leigh.
It was a good day for the Landricombe brothers as Levi bagged a brace and, after Jamie Short had made it 3-0, Michael added the fourth, with Andy Gunn netting a late consolation for the visitors.
Taunton Town were unable to make it seven successive wins and were held 1-1 at Winchester City to leave them four points behind Tivvy.
Craig Feeney`s 35th minute opener for City was levelled 10 minutes into the second half by Craig Veal.
Salisbury FC and Evesham United complete the top five, with Steve Claridge`s Whites winning 4-1 at Barnstaple Town with goals from George Colson after 11 minutes, a Justin Bennett brace in the 53rd and 63rd minutes and a Craig Allan own goal on 65 minutes – Niall Heeney netting a 76th minute consolation for Barum.

Evesham won 2-1 at Larkhall Athletic, thanks to Garyn Preen on the half-hour mark and Mark Magee on the hour after Joe Tumelty had equalised nine minutes earlier.
Bottom-markers Bridgwater Town are seventeen points adrift of third-bottom AFC Totton after they lost 3-1 at the WebbsWood Stadium against Swindon Supermarine.
The hosts came back from being an eighth minute Harry Horton goal down to win, thanks to Brad Hooper on the half-hour mark, Joe Shepherd after 62 minutes and Josh Parsons 10 minutes from time.
Second-bottom Wantage Town are 14 points adrift of safety after they were beaten 4-1 at Wimborne Town, whose Louis Kellaway, Carl Preston and Stefan Penny took the Magpies into the break 3-1 up – Callum Preece replying before Toby Holmes added a fourth in stoppage time.
Yate Town beat Bishops Cleeve 2-1 to move above AFC Totton into fourth-bottom spot on goal difference.
James Harding gave the Bluebells an early fifth minute lead that Jacob Davidge equalised two minutes after the break, only for Luke Bryan to win it for Yate 15 minutes from time.