Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

We Did It In The Manner We've Done It All Season Said Beadle




In his post match press interview after winning the Midland Premier League, Hereford FC manager Peter Beadle poured praise on his players, the supporters and all the staff.

"We did it in a manner we've done it all season," said Beadle.

"To be fair I think we did it with desire and like I said they've been on a fantastic run of form and they showed why because they were sharp and lively.

"But I just thought we looked in control, it was a case of can we get the first goal and then the goal came.

"Again we started well second half and the two early goals made it comfortable for us.

"But it was about doing it properly and the players have been fantastic all year in the way they've gone about their business.

"They've done it with class but they've had to work hard and I can't heap enough praise on them especially for tonight, to wrap it up tonight under extreme pressure if you like.

"The expectation at this club is massive and it's easy with expectation to sometimes let it get to you. We've had massive crowds all year but even with all the expectancy to put a team together to play in the manner we have done all season I think is phenominal.

"The players deserve a lot of credit for that because this club is not easy to play for, I'm not easy to play for because of the standards I set but also for the expectations from the supporters and the club.

"They've been fantastic and I've just said to them I'm delighted I can't thank them enough and that's all of them. A lot of players aren't here tonight that have played a part during the season, Pagey, Sol, Tony James, Ben Miller, Dean Lee, they've all played parts earlier in the season so they've all played a part in taking this football club to the next level.

"I couldn't be prouder being at the helm of this but I've also said to them I'm greedy and I win all four now. So I want to win on Thursday to go to the final and I want to win on Monday and I want to win on Saturday. It becomes a habit and we've just got to make sure we maintain our levels of discipline, our levels of professionalism and doing it in the way we've managed all season."

The fans have loved the football you've played said interviewer Trevor Owens.

"Yes of course, like I said we always had a philosophy, I think when I came in and took over the old club the last eight games in the Conference was they saw a change of style in the way we play.

"If you have the right players, in the right mood and they are full of confidence for me, for me that's the right way to play. It's open, it's attractive, sometimes to our detrement we look ourselves a little bit too open as we found out this year with some goals we've given away.

"But I wouldn't change that for anything.

"Football is about winning and in the last couple of games we've had to change a little bit but we've still at times played some fantastic football and scored some fantastic goals.

"And that won't change, our philosophy is that we work our socks off first minute to last minute and we play open and attractive football and you go through the goals we've scored this year and some of them have been fantastic goals."

Of many highlights tonight Sirdic Grant's goal tops them.

"We've been on his case for weeks now because he's come in, certainly in the last eight games he's played he's been phenominal and he's given us something different and the lads have been crying out for him to score and he's had several numerous chances over recent weeks but his goal tonight was phenominal and that showed what he is all about, his pace and his desire and drive.

"I thought he had touched it one too many before the keeper got there but he just managed to get in front and toe it past him. 

"And it showed what it meant to everybody, because everybody went to him. It just goes to show what a fantastic group this is of players and how well they all get on.

"And you've seen them all at the end and some have played more than others but they've all played a massive part."