Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Monday, April 21, 2014

Bowen's Winning Goal


Can Jarrod Bowen Get To The Ball?
He Does And Scores His First Goal At Senior Level
Hereford United's winning goal this afternoon was scored by 17 year old Jarrod Bowen. Later he told BBC Hereford and Worcester how he felt.

"Over the moon just to get the winner and score a goal," said Bowen.

"The crowd was great and made lot of noise.

"We did what we had to do and got a result.

"Obviously Peter Beadle has known me from the youth team so he knows how I play so he had some confidence in me to play me.

"Hopefully I've done well and paid him back.

"I saw a few of my mates in the second half so I thought if I score I'll run to them.

"I ran over to the crowd because I was so happy to score, I didn't know what to do and I ran and celebrated with the fans.

"I was having a few shots that were getting saved and I thought is this going to be my day.

"Then I swung a foot at the last one and thankfully it went in.

"The way I caught it and the way it went in is unreal , amazing"

Bowen is playing along with another youngster from the Youth Team, Billy Murphy.

"It's good working with Bill as I know him from the Youth Team so we know how each other play. Bill has done well.

"Praise to Pete Beadle as well for giving him the opportunity as well as me."