Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Low Crowds a Mystery says HUISA Chairman

Keith Dodds, the chairman of the Hereford United Independent Supporters Association, has told BBC Hereford and Worcester that the recent low crowds to watch games at Edgar Street are a mystery to him. Just 1208 were at Edgar Street last night for the game against Morecambe.

"I personally put out an appeal in the Hereford Times for people to come and support the team and the management and the board and everybody else to try and get them back there just to secure our League future," said Dodds.

"But it seems it's gone on deaf ears.

"Most of these mid-week games have been re-arranged because of the bad weather in December and January and it looks like a lot of people just can't afford to go twice in a week.

"I just don't know why they are not coming.

"Certainly I don't think we deserved to lose the game last night, the football in the second half was particularily good and we played very well at Lincoln and lost.

"I don't think it is all down to the team at the moment.

"Perhaps there is no money about locally, I just don't know.

"I think we are still the cheapest in the second division, it's about £14.

"I go to lots of away games and I've not paid less than £20 anywhere this year.

"I know there was the incident where John Trewick has gone and a lot of people weren't happy with the situation. But Graham (Turner) is back now and certainly there seems to be that an air of gloom has been lifted from around the place.

"I don't know why they are not going, I just don't understand it.

"The Chelsea game might have had some bearing on it.

"We seem to have lost a lot of people."