Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Harvey Confirms FGR Departure

Bulls legend Jimmy Harvey has confirmed his departure from Forest Green.

In a statement, Harvey says he was sacked prior to their friendly with Leeds on July 29th: "I was accused of a serious breach of contract - an accusation I completely deny. I intend to fight to clear my name of any wrongdoing. I understand from my solicitors that the club's conduct was procedurally deficient.

"The club have been attempting to put right their procedural deficiencies by belatedly taking me through a disciplinary process even though they made it clear on 29th July that I was finished with the club. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the club and for it to end in this way is extremely sad."

Harvey was linked with a move to Cambridge before Martin Ling was eventually appointed to the job, and may yet turn up at the Abbey Stadium once their budgetary review is complete. The 51 year old spent seven years at Edgar Street as a player and three with Forest Green as manager, with an eleven year spell at Morecambe as player, coach, and manager in between.