Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I Ain't Getting On No Plane, Fool! Says Mr. P

Hot on the heels of the Rob Purdie drives everywhere rumour comes the Paul Parry drives everywhere story!

BBC Sport reports:

Cardiff City winger Paul Parry says his fear of flying will not interfere with his ambitions of playing for Wales.
Parry chose to drive to Norwich last week for Cardiff's midweek Championship match instead of taking a short flight with the rest of the squad.
He explained: "When I go away with Wales I take tablets to get on a plane.
"I didn't go on the plane with Cardiff because they flew on the day of the match. If I would've taken tablets I wouldn't have been ready for the game."
Parry has already flown as far as Azerbaijan for a Wales international, and is hoping to be included in the squad travelling to Cyrus next week for Wednesday's friendly in Limassol.
We haven't scored in four games now so I might get my chance against Sheffield Wednesday
Cardiff winger Paul Parry
He told BBC Wales Sport: "I've never like flying - I didn't start flying until I was 17 and if there are other means of getting to places I'll take those.
"I was quite disappointed the story made the back pages of the newspapers and so much was made of it.
"I'm not going to hide the fact that I don't like flying but it's not going to get in the way of me playing football."
Parry has not started a league game for the Bluebirds since 20 August, but the 25-year-old is hoping to get his chance in Wednesday's match with Sheffield Wednesday.
Said Parry: "I've been telling myself to be patient because the team has been doing well and there's not a lot I can do.
"But we haven't scored in four games now so if things keep going the way they are the manager [Dave Jones] might look to change a few things and I might get my chance.
"I think a lot of teams saw our 6-1 win over Crewe and have decided to try to shut up shop.
"Unfortunately in the last couple of games we haven't been able to break team down, but certainly from Wednesday onwards we'll be looking to create more things going forward."

Meanwhile, Parry's fellow Wales forward and ex-Bull Gavin Williams is due to sign on loan at Championship side Ipswich Town tomorrow. West Ham refused a loan move to Swansea earlier in the season as they didn't want the player to play at such a low level.