ad banner

Lastmatch

Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: South Shields At Edgar Street On Saturday September 12th At 3.00pm

Top stories

TOP STORIES:
Loading headlines...

Breaking

Wednesday, September 09, 2026

We Got Beat By The Better Side Said Harborough Manager


Harborough manager Mitch Austin admitted that his team were beaten 'by the better side' last night.

“I’m bitterly disappointed, as in the first half I hought we made a good account of ourselves and I felt we could get at them in the second,” Austin told the Harborough Mail.

“A mistake so early has knocked the stuffing out of us. It’s poor because we gave it to them, to an extent. They’re a very good team and we got beat by the better side.

“We’ve been really good in phases again tonight but we’re missing that clinical edge. It might be something to look at, but let’s not panic, we’ve come up against a good team.”

In the second half there was an incident involving the Hereford keeper Theo Richardson and several Harborough players. Versions differ but it appears Richardson was clearing the ball when he caught one of the Harborough players.

“That was handbags, wasn't it!?

“We needed one of them things (decisions) to fall our way and unfortunately they didn’t.”

Later in the interview Austin was booked for 'fronting up with the Hereford staff'. 

“I felt like their assistant was a bit classless while he was winning, They then go up the other end and score and he celebrated even worse.

“I just said to him he should win with a bit of class. I can lose with class, so he can win with it. But that’s just non-league I suppose.

“I won’t lose any sleep over it, we’ve got another game to play at theirs. Tonight, I’ve got to congratulate them and lick our wounds a bit, and take our medicine.”