Rio Clegg, who joined South Shields from Radcliffe earlier this week, has set himself a target of 30 goals this season for his new club.
Tomorrow Clegg is expected to start for South Shields tomorrow at Hereford.
"With this being my first week, it’s been a lot to take on but once I get going, once I get to grips with it after a few weeks, I know I’ll start scoring goals for the team," said Clegg.
"The team is made to score goals so I should get loads in this side. I want to beat last year, I got 27 so I guess 30 would be the target.
"I’m happy to be training everyday, to be working hard and just trying to improve really because that’s what I want to do during my time here. We used to train twice a week at Radcliffe, I love that and I improved there so I hope to make the most of training four times a week at least here. I just want to get better and better.
Clegg says he has been impressed with his new manager Mike Williamson.
"He’s a top guy and he’s got some good ideas.. Just from speaking to him, it made me want to sign and I obviously knew the style of play and what he thought of me. Everything just made me want to move here and now I can’t wait to get going."
Meanwhile Shields are expected to be without defender Ethan Mann tomorrow after he suffered an injury last Tuesday night.
He might be replaced by Sheffield Wednesday’s young defender Joe Emery who has joined the club on loan.
.png)