Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, November 18, 2023

My Scottish Langauge Came Out At Half Time Said Caddis

Paul Caddis And Adam Rooney
 

Another game of two halves this afternoon at Edgar Street in the FA Trophy. Hereford were 1-0 down at half-time after a Gowling type performance in the first fourty-five.

Then something changed. And Hereford scored four goals to win 4-1.

Afterwards manager Paul Caddis spoke to the local media.

"My Scottish language probably came out a bit more at half time than it has previously," said Caddis.

"I was just disappointed with the start, I thought we were a bit slow in possession, I thought we didn't play enough balls forward.

"I had a go at half time and the reaction was brilliant.

"To be honest the reaction was very good, I was close to flipping it a little bit and making a few changes, then I thought let's give them the opportunity for ten or fifteen minutes.

"The reaction was brilliant but I was disappointed first half."

Aaron Skinner came on for Paul Downing at half time. Caddis explained why he made the change.

"The plan was always for Downing to play 45, we spoke to him in the week. He felt it would be better for him to maintain games rather than missing out and going again on Tuesday or whatever.

"I love Aaron Skinner, I love working with him. He's 100% effort, he's so infectious.

"He came on, he got his goal but he changed the game.

"To change as a full back without doing anything spectactular, he's just got that bit of drive, he starts speaking to people, he's got that enthusiasm.

"We started to get forward players higher up the pitch, Jack, Connor and Coby.

"Ethan gets his goal again because he was starved of any crosses, service in the first half. Pleased with the second half."