Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Curzon Ashton On Saturday 19th October at 3.00pm

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Teixeira Wants To Go As High As Possible

Aurio Teixeira - Picture From Alvechurch FC

Aurio Teixeira wants to play as high up the leagues as he can. The midfielder, who has signed a two year deal at Hereford, spoke about his ambitions with BirminghamLive last month.

Last season he played 40 games for Alvechurch after being released by West Bromwich.

"Hopefully I can go as high as possible, whether that's the in the Football League or the National League, but immediately to just go higher and to test myself," said Teixeira. 

"Being my first season in non-league, I've really, really enjoyed it. The most important thing is just game time, I just want to be in a situation where I'm playing.

"Big games, big situations. I think the experience has been there and I can say I've played men's football. I've played just over 40 games which is a hell of a lot of games for a 20 year old to play - there aren't many in the 23s or 18s who have managed that in a season, being in and around the first team.

"I just want to get that good feeling back, playing in arenas and stadiums, that's what I want to be able to do consistently in my career. If you put me on the field, I'm going to do a job. I'm going to express myself, show what I'm good at - that's the only thing I really want to do, let the ball do the work.

"Richard Beale would say I was a Swiss Army knife! It's a good description. I've never played wing back in my life, or an inside forward, but I did well there. I am naturally a central midfielder, I have been playing there but if there's a job to do I'll try my best to do it."

Read more at: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swiss-army-knife-eyeing-next-26750558