Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Curzon Ashton On Saturday 19th October at 3.00pm

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Perfect Away Performance At A Place Like This Said Storey


Miles Storey spoke to the local media after yesterday's 2-0 win at Peterborough Sports.

He along with Aaron Amadi-Holloway led Hereford's attack.

"It was probably a perfect away performance at a place like this," said Storey.

"Like Yan said not a lot of peple have come here and got a decent result.

"They are good at what they are good at and we had to try and counteract that today and get a couple of goals out of nothing really which we haven't done for a while.

"We've played well and not won games.

"Second half I don't think we played that great, couldn't really get our football going but the difference was this time we got another goal and didn't conced one.

"Looking back there were times when we may be had a little more time than we thought especially second half but the surface was difficult and the pressure they put on made it difficult but we just wanted the three points."

Sports were well contained by Orrin Pendley and Zac Lilly.

"There are two strong boys.

"And Orrin's header, trying to get his six yard box chances.

"Me and Aaron around all game and don't get one.

"Orrin's always in the right place.

"We've got big lads in the team, I know it's a volley, we've got big lads in the team and we should be scoring more set pieces.

"I remember a goal earlier on in the season when it's bounced and he has swiveled and volleyed it. He's not the knack. We always look a threat when we come up for corners."

Are you fully fit?

"I had a bit of a quad injury a couple of weeks ago.

"When we started playing a diamond under the last manager I was doing well then I had a bit of a quad injury which was a bit of a set back.

"I've enjoyed my time playing in Yan's team on the left or up front like today.

"I enjoy working hard, chasing lost causes."

How much of a difference is there having Amadi-Holloway up  front with you,

"He's good, he's similar to Ty.

"But when we've got two up front I think everyone can see it if there's either Ty up front with me or Aaron that they are going to try and flick it and I'm going to try running behind it.

"It's easier said than done trying to stop that when you've got Aaron or Ty.

"I think today I got caught offside a few times but that's just eagerness trying to get in on goal.

"And the grass is quite long here, I think the grass stopped it before the keeper stops it."

How difficult has it been to ensure the club is safe in this division?

"We've been frustrated the last few weeks.

"I think our performances have been good, it's just been that final touch, that little bit of luck.

"So to have a game today where we've come off thinking that was not great but we've won the game 2-0.

"You haven't heard music in the changing room for a while .

"Every time we've had a set back we've come in on the Monday and the place is no different. It's a tight-knit bunch, good group of lads and everyone has been positive.

"We're aiming to finish as high as we can. We've got our last home game of the season next week and then a trip up to Blyth so we need to take points as we can and see where we can finish."

What about next season?

"I've enjoyed my whole time here, it's coming up to two years I've been here now.

"It always feels you are playing for a big club, that was one of the draws, and it definitely feels like that.

"Coming here today we had a great away following.

"I've enjoyed my time, we'll just have to see what happens in the summer.

"It's all a bit up in the air with everything I suppose, so we'll see what happens."