Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Curzon Ashton On Saturday 19th October at 3.00pm

Friday, April 21, 2023

I Want To Be A Manager Said Caddis

In an interview with the Sun last November Paul Caddis, who was appointed manager of Hereford yesterday, spoke about his ambition to be a manager.

Now based in Lytham, he is a respected figure in the English game after spells at Swindon, Birmingham City, Blackburn Rovers and Bradford City.

Like his old Celtic youth-team pals, Darren O’Dea and Simon Ferry, he has moved into the coaching side of football early.

And the wisdom of the man who brought him to Parkhead, the late Tommy Burns, below, is always in his thoughts.

Caddis said: “I always wanted to do coaching and stay in football. I don’t know anything else!

“Management is the long-term ambition, I’m just starting out but I don’t want to be a coach or No2, I want to be a manager.

“I was lucky enough to work under some really good managers and coaches.

"Guys like Gordon Strachan were amazing but Tommy Burns is still my go-to guy for what I want to do.

“He isn’t here any more but I know he’s still such an influence for guys like myself and Si.

“We talk about Tommy all the time. Big Darren was down at Fleetwood a few weeks ago and were recalling old stories.

"Tommy lives on in all of us and I don’t think it’s coincidence so many of his boys have gone down the coaching route.”