Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Kings Lynn At Edgar Street On Saturday 21 September at 3.00pm

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

There's A Much Better Feel About The Place Said Hale

Hereford chairman Jon Hale feels that there is a much better feel about the place this time compared to twelve months ago.

"Early in pre-season we had most of the squad in place," said Hale.

"Josh has been allowed to sign one or two as we got closer to the season.

"I think everyone can see now four games in we've got a settled side but also we've got some good backup as well which is perhaps something we didn't have last season.

"We budgeted on an average (gate) from last season so slightly above last season which is excellent news.

"2,000 at this level I think on Saturday we were better than six games in the National Prem. That says an awful lot about our supporters and how they got behind it.

"I should also say the away attendances at Chester and Scarborough have been fantastic. For the people who travelled many miles to see us play we can only say a massive thank you to them."

Given the good start to the season Hale was asked by Keith Hall about manager Josh Gowling's budget.

"If we get going and we have a good run and the attendances stay up why wouldn't you look at that budget again.

"We are as keen as Josh is to make sure we move forward.

"The Squad Builder has been fantastic, the fans derserve huge credit for that. That's probably gone to a level that we probably didn't expect to happen, really really impressive effort and that's helped Josh no end.

"If attendances stay up and we keep winning we'll look to push it on, we're not going to close the book and say no.

"It is difficult to predict what's going to happen in the future so we have to have an air of sensibility about what we do and the decisions we make.

"In my opinion since I came back twelve months I just feel there is a togetherness now across the club, staff, volunteers, management, players, supporters.

"We're using the manta strength in numbers and I think that hits the nail on the head as to what we are trying to do.

"We need a togetherness, I know people were disappointed last season, we had a poor start after a difficult summer.

"I know it's frustrating, I understand that, I'm a supporter myself, so I feel that.

"But perhaps because the squad has come together sooner and we've got a bit more of a direction of what we are doing both on and off the field, it does feel like we are all moving forwards and I think we have a really positive future here."

More at: https://www.herefordfc.co.uk/interview-hale-positive-about-bulls-future/