Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Kings Lynn At Edgar Street On Saturday 21 September at 3.00pm

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Former Hereford Loanee Captains West Brom

Dara O'Shea At Edgar Street

A former Hereford FC loan player has been appointed captain of West Brom.

Dara O'Shea spent most of the 2017/18 season with Hereford.

The following season he went to Exeter on loan.

Last Saturday manager Steve Bruce gave him the captain's armband. His side defeated Hull 5-2.

"I’ll never forget this moment," said O'Shea.

"I didn’t know I was going to be captain until before the game so it kind of came at me quite fast. The boss mentioned it in the team meeting before the game. I saw my name up to play and it had captain next to it too.

"I was just really happy when I saw it. I prepared exactly the same way and approached it like I would any other game to be honest."

"It’s something I’ve always wanted to do here, be a captain. I’m just really happy to have achieved it."