Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, March 20, 2022

Purdie Thought Yesterday's Game Was Disappointing

Rob Purdie - Picture From Andy Compton

Former Hereford player Rob Purdie was at Edgar Street yesterday. Interviewed after by Matt Healey, he said he was disappointed with the game which ended Hereford 1 Darlington 1.

"I think it was disappointing, probably for both teams," said Purdie.

"I think both teams will feel exactly the same way.

"We under performed against a team which was under performing so the win was there if we could have played a little bit better.

"It probably really dents both sides chances for getting anywhere near the playoffs.

"I was hoping for a real end to end game where both teams are up for winning. It did look like there was no real confidence in anyone, no one wanted to get the game by the scruff of the neck and go and get three points. 

"The sun doesn't help I know having been on this pitch, that sun's low, getting in your eyes and I don't think the pitch was playing well, I think there were a few bobbles.

"I think both teams will be disappointed overall."

Were there any Hereford players who stuck out for you?

"They were solid at the back especially the two centre-halves. Haines got close in mid-field in the second half but I think attacking wise Tom Owen-Evans didn't really get on the ball, He didn't really have much chance to do anything.

"Kouhyar, it's the first time I've had a real good chance to see him and again he didn't get on the ball that much.

"I thought Mclean did well when he came on, a bit of bright spark same as Lambert for Darlington, he came on and got the goal.

"Overall I don't think anyone was particularly poor but I don't think anyone will come off that pitch and think I've had a real good game today."

Any more football for Purdie?

"I've tried running since January and I feel a little bit heavy footed at the moment. I'll work on a bit of fitness over the next couple of months but it might just be charity matches for me from now on."

Before the game Purdie saw a few faces he admires.

"I've been in hospitality and I didn't know either was there. (Ryan) Green messaged me about half one and said he had heard I was coming down.

"There's probably four people that put a big smile on my face when I see them and Graham (Turner) and Greeny are in that four."