Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Kings Lynn At Edgar Street On Saturday 21 September at 3.00pm

Thursday, October 01, 2020

Gosport Manager Looks Forward To Visit Of Hereford On Saturday

Dara O'Shea Scored For Hereford At Gosport In March 2018

Gosport manager Shaun Gale is looking forward to the visit of Hereford on Saturday and is hoping his side 'can catch them cold' in the FA Cup tie.

"I’ve got quite a bit of history with the FA Cup from my time at Havant,' he told 'The News'.

"We had some great ties, not just at Liverpool, and got through.

"It’s a competition that’s close to my heart and it’s brought me some of the best moments in my life as a manager.

"It’s going to be a really tough game on Saturday.

"Hereford are a really good outfit and they ply their trade a league higher than us.

"We’ll have to be at our best if we are to come through.

"We’re positive, we’re at home and we’ve got one chance - anything can happen.

"We’re not over confident, as in we’re too big for our boots, but I want to make sure we give Hereford a right run for their money.

"If we can do that, that’s all I can ask of the players."

Gale is hopeful he will have close to 600 Gosport supporters at the tie. 

"We can only have 600, we can make it an intimidating atmosphere and an intimidating place for Hereford to come and play."