Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Gowling In Charge Of First Team

 

Josh Gowling has agreed to take charge of Hereford's first team until a replacement manager is appointed.

"I’d like to thank Josh for agreeing to step up to this new role," said chairman Andrew Graham.

"My early conversations with him have been very encouraging and I look forward to seeing him and his team in action this weekend.

"Josh will remain in charge for the foreseeable future whilst the search for a permanent manager gets underway. I am fully aware of how important it is to get this decision right, and so we will not be rushing into making a hasty appointment."

Gowling said he was excited to take on the task.

"Moving into coaching is something that I’ve been wanting to do for a while. I’ve been working on my coaching qualifications and I have experience of being a player-coach so I’m really happy that I’ve got this chance.

"I know the players well and they know me which is a bonus. I’ve not been involved in the playing squad much lately, but that has given me a chance to watch on from the stands and I think I’ve seen areas where I can change a few things and hopefully make improvements."