Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

I Felt We Made Hereford Look Poor Said Chester's Johnson


Chester joint manager Anthony Johnson was very pleased with his side's victory over Hereford yesterday. Last Saturday they won at Kidderminster.

"I wouldn't have expected it in my wildest dreams how good we have been over the two games but they are showing how good of a group they are,"said Johnson in his post match interview.

"The forward runs, Anthony Dudley dropping into space, Akwasi giving us that focal point, the forward play was unbelievable and as good as I'd seen.

"To be honest we expected them (Hereford) to be a lot tougher on set pieces as they are a giant of a side. But you'll probably read a lot about how poor Hereford were and how poor Gloucester were, I don't know whether people will give us credit for how good we were.

"I felt we made Hereford look poor, I thought we were absolutely phenomenal. We destroyed them, just destroyed them."