Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, January 19, 2019

We Killed Ourselves In The First Half Said Owen-Evans



Man of the match Tom Owen-Evans scored both of Hereford's goals in today's 2-2 draw at home to Nuneaton.

Afterwards he spoke to the press.

"I think we've killed ourselves in the first half really," he said.

"At half time we didn't deserve to be winning even though we got ourselves into a position where we were 1-0 up. In that position we didn't really do what we should have done and be a bit more street-wise and regroup and go from there.

"We gave away too many free kicks and they scored from two set-pieces. They didn't really create a lot of chances but we found ourselves 2-1 down at half-time."

Why was that?

"We didn't really come out of the traps, we were sloppy.

"We started sloppy and throughout the team it sort of stayed there. Can't really put my finger on it.

"Second half we had a go and dominated the game but we couldn't get the win."

The system was changed at half-time.

"I was playing wide first half but then I moved central into a number ten role just off Symons which is where I prefer to play.

"I thought we dominated the game and they were not really in it, they were deep and dropping off and we had a lot of the ball but we couldn't get the third goal and win the game."

Owen-Evans scored a penalty in the second half, what was it given for.

"Their defender headed it and I'm chasing chasing the loose ball and I've been pulled back by another one of their players as I'm running onto the ball So I've gone down and the ref has seen it, spotted it and given the penalty.


"I felt confident I was going to score, I had scored against Billericay in the Cup, I just knew I had to put the ball in the back of the net and thankfully I've done that."