Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Richards: Fans Showing Their Frustration Has A 'Detrimental Effect On Performances'


Marc Richards admitted the first half performance from Hereford wasn't up to scratch,  but said when fans show their frustrations by booing it can have a 'detrimental effect' on the performance.

Richards said he has 'no problems' if fans want to direct their anger and negativity towards him and he'll take it.

Hereford let their one goal lead slip and ended up drawing 2-2 against struggling side Nuneaton Borough, with jeers ringing around Edgar Street at half time following a poor performance.

"I've got no problem if they want to direct their anger and negativity towards me, I’ll take that," Richards told the press after the game.

"But when it starts affecting my players and when it starts affecting their decision making, it's not helping.

"If it's not helping it's going to have a detrimental effect on the performances, unfortunately sometimes the lads are maybe happier playing away than they are at home.

"We pass the ball five or ten yards back and there's jeers and boos. Sometimes you need to do that to get the ball to the other side or to get the ball into pockets or forward, so I don't think it helps.


“If it's directed towards me then fine, I've got broad enough shoulders I can take that, but when it starts affecting the players it’s not ideal."  

https://youtu.be/BgkSP294jCg?t=261