Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, December 22, 2018

We'll Pick Up Points If We Carry On Like That Said Gowling


Recent signing Josh Gowling feels if Hereford carry on putting in performances like they did against Bradford (Park Avenue) today they will pick up more points.



He felt it was a blatant penalty in stoppage time when James Roberts was sent flying in the box, and the Bulls dominated most of the game despite losing 1-0.

"It's great to be back, I've trained with the boys the last couple of weeks but it's good to get that opportunity to get back out there and play with the boys," Gowling said.

"Definitely first half we played some really good football, especially on that pitch. And second half I think we dominated, they had a little bit of a spell but we were comfortable.

"Then the goal has gone in, I personally think it was in the goalies hands to be honest, we didn't get that decision and then at the end that's a penalty, so it's frustrating.

"We spoke to some of their boys and they said it was a penalty. He's kind of come in a slid from behind him and the ball didn't even change direction so for us that's a definite penalty.


"It is disappointing for us, but if we play like that week in week out we'll pick up a points."

Gowling has already played against Bradford (Park Avenue) this season with Alfreton Town, but with the analysis that the players cover during the week they all knew what to expect.

"I've played against them this season before with Alfreton so I know what they bring, they're an organised team with a bit of flair and they hit you on the break," Gowling added.

"So we knew what to expect, we do a lot of analysis with the gaffer, we did some work on Thursday so we knew what to expect. We were comfortably, we sat in well, we defended well and we hit them on the break. 

"We were tested, we're going to be every game, but for a team that were second in the league and we're down there, you wouldn't be able to tell."

The 35-year-old defender joined Hereford after leaving Torquay United by mutual consent. He was transfer-listed in the summer and sent out on loan to Alfreton Town with his contract running until the end of the season.

"I went in there and played the first ten (games) and then found myself out of the team for whatever reason.

"I like to play football so I spoke to the gaffer and Tim and this is a great fit for me.

"I've been here before, I know the fans, I know the area so it's perfect for me to come here, I've just got to get up to speed with the rest of the lads."

Bulls News understands Gowling is contracted at Hereford until the end of the season.