Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Kings Lynn At Edgar Street On Saturday 21 September at 3.00pm

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Jordan Lam Surprised To Start


Jordan Lam, Peter Beadle's new signing, made his debut at Edgar Street for Hereford FC this afternoon. Afterwards he spoke to the local media,

"I was a bit surprised I went straight into the team, I expected to be on the bench or watching the game but the manager picked me so I'm really happy about that," said Lam.

"I'll be working hard to improve my fitness. Out there on the pitch is where fitness comes in.

"I've always played as a winger right from when I was young. I have played striker, played in the hole like a number ten but I just want to be attacking really, hopefully score or assist. That's my main job.

"When I was 18 I went to Uni and I started playing in Welsh League Two, then One and then Welsh Prem for two seasons and then I got noticed by the gaffer.

"Before coming to Hereford I spoke to Joel Edwards. I spoke to Joel a lot. He encouraged me to come.

"After my trial at Newport, Jenks (Steve) contacted me. I talked to him on the phone and he said they had been following me for a couple of seasons. I didn't know."