Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Bowen Says He'd Love To Get The Winner And Kill King's Lynn Off

James Bowen pictured during the 2-0 win against Weymouth last month
Defender James Bowen says he's glad to be back at Hereford after rejoining from Solihull Moors last month. Bowen is now in his third spell with the Bulls and says competition for places helps to improve players' performances.

The 22-year old left-back says it's been hard work trying to secure a place in the starting line-up and everybody wants to be playing.

Bowen said: "I knew I’d have to work hard with Pringy being there an doing a great job, but it's been like I never left - the lads have been great. 

"The competition is ridiculous within the squad but that’s a good thing because it’ll make people work hard and get the best out of them. 

"I know nobody want to be on the sideline when it comes to Saturday afternoon or Tuesday night."

Bowen was a constant threat down the wing at Gosport on Tuesday evening, and next up is a tough game against King's Lynn Town. They could become only the second club in Hereford's history to do a league double over them.

"I don’t think I'll prepare different to how I normally would, but I know I'll wake up Saturday morning ready and buzzing for it.

"I'm always looking to get forward and get at the full back. I know within my ability I can be a nightmare for the other wingers and full backs.

"I'm itching to get back on the scoresheet I'd love to get the winner Saturday and kill King's Lynn off."

The former Cheltenham Town youngster also gave a brief mention to the fans, who he says are unbelievable at both Edgar Street and on the road.

"I am glad to be back seeing some great people and playing in front of a unbelievable crowds home and away.

"I'm just going to be taking each game as it comes and looking at the next game getting the three points we need to make it as hard as possible to catch us."

Tickets for Saturday's top of the table clash are on sale via the club's website, with the main stand sold out. Seated tickets are still available in the Len Weston Stand, as well as tickets for both terraces.