Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Bishop Stortford In The FA Cup On Saturday 28 September at 3.00pm

Monday, January 08, 2018

Manset Aims To Top His Hereford Record


Mathieu Manset and captain Michael Townsend after the 'Beast' scored a penalty against Lincoln City in November 2010 - Andy Compton Picture

Mathieu Manset is aiming to beat his goal scoring record this season. When with Hereford United he scored 14 goals and to date hasn't scored any more at any of the clubs he has played for since leaving Edgar Street.

However that might change this season.

Manset, now 28, currently plays for the Bastia Sporting Club in Corsica. He joined them in September and has already scored 10 goals in nine starts.

He scored his 10th goal last Saturday in a 1-1 draw with league leaders Endoume.

He was asked how he was being so successful this season?

"No it's not my best in terms of goals scored because I scored 14 in all competitions with Hereford United in the 2010/11 season.

"But the current reason for my success is quite simple.

"In recent months I have been thinking of stopping playing football after a mixed experience in Malta last season.

"I had lost the simple joy of playing football.

"But since I arrived in Corsica and Bastia, I have rediscovered the joy of playing. I feel really good here."