Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Bishop Stortford In The FA Cup On Saturday 28 September at 3.00pm

Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Pearson Keen To Impress


Sam Pearson Tracking A Malvern Player
Striker Sam Pearson is happy to have scored the first Hereford FC goal.

He told the Hereford Times that it was a disappointment not to see the net ripple though: "It feels great to get the first ever goal, I was a bit gutted that it was handled over the line and I didn't see the net ripple, but it was a nice feeling."

Pearson, who played for Pegasus Juniors last term then spoke about the crowd: "It's a bit different than playing in front of about 20. It was nerve-wracking at the start, but when you start playing, you just try and drown out the sounds from everyone.

"The fans were unbelievable and were behind you saying your name. I was a kid watching them growing up, now actually having a chance of playing for them is an unbelievable opportunity.

"I have got a lot to improve on but I hope that I get signed, just like the rest of them."