Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Kings Lynn At Edgar Street On Saturday 21 September at 3.00pm

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ferrell Praises Bulls' Promotion

Ex-Bull Andy Ferrell has praised the Bulls' promotion to League One, and urged his Kidderminster teammates to follow the example.

Speaking to the Kidderminster Shuttle, Ferrell said: "I was so happy to see Hereford win promotion. It's a great well-run club and I still have a lot of time for everyone there. It just goes to show what happens if you can get on a roll. Three years ago Harriers were playing Hereford in the Conference and after two promotions they're a League One side."

Ferrell was disappointed in how their season ended, and that they must do better next season: "When you see the teams in the play-offs we know that we should have done better this season.

"We have got good results against the teams in the promotion shake-up but we let ourselves down because we weren't consistent enough. That is something we need to improve on next season because the least we'll be concentrating on is the play-offs. Even though the season didn't go well as a team, personally it was one of my best.

"I had a slow start but once I got going I thought I did a good job, particualrly in the middle of the season before I was hit by injury. When I was at Newcastle I played in central midfield or at left back, so it's a role I know well.

"I was taught that even if the ball gets past me the man doesn't, and that's a philosophy I try to employ every time I play. I will probably end up playing left-back when I am older but at the moment I want to play in central midfield."

Ferrell is about to sign a new 12 month deal at Aggborough, but one player leaving is Chris MacKenzie who was not offered a new deal. The Bulls travel to Aggborough for a pre-season friendly on July 14th.