Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Play Football The Fans Enjoy Says Gowling


In his interview with BN yesterday afternoon, Hereford manager Josh Gowling was asked what was his 'aim' for the season.

"To improve would be a good answer!" said Gowling.

"For one I think it's the style of football we play. The biggest thing for me is the style of football that the fans enjoy.

"One thing that is guaranteed with myself is that I'll put everything I have into this football club and make sure things are done properly, that the players work hard.

"Everyone has got to go out there and give 100% for themselves, for me, for the football club and the fans, that's the main thing.

"Moving forward that's what I expect, that's what I want, I want the fans to come here, I want this place to be rocking and bouncing.

"That's my target and if that happens then results will take care of themselves."

You'll need some very good strikers?

"I need some players first!

"Obviously we've got to look at the squad and what we are going to keep and then add to that, add some more quality to that.

"We had Lenny (Lenell John-Lewis), Kelsey (Mooney), Demi (Demetri Brown), Toe (Tom Owen-Evans) a bit of a wide man I suppose, Finny (Kyle Finn) also a wide man in that sense.

"We had some options and to be fair at the end of the season that's when they stepped up to the plate. Kelsey scored goals, Lenny scored goals. Finny did pretty well when he came back, the York game was probably his best game. And Toe coming back from loan, didn't hit the highest that he knows he can but he still made a really big impact. So we've got firepower.

"We've got players that can score goals and have scored goals in the past and that's the main thing. So I have got to look as a manager and think why were they not scoring and we've got to get that out of them and then improve and then bring in other players to enhance what we've got. That's what we are looking to do.

"We are looking to improve with the signings we bring it. I'll also be looking to improve the backroom staff so I've got a certain young guy that I'm looking to bring in that people will know. People will be very happy when he comes in. That will be announced soonish.

"We're moving in the right direction on and off the pitch and that's the main thing."