Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Graham Aims To Drive Hereford Forward

Andrew Graham With Reg Reynolds
Andrew Graham hopes that becoming chairman of Hereford FC will allow him to drive the club forwards.

"I saw it as a brilliant opportunity to try and make a bit of a difference and put my drive and determination into pushing Hereford forward," he told the Hereford Times.

"We have to remember that it isn't just about the Saturday every fortnight, it is a community and I think that's where the hurt sometimes comes in a little bit more at Hereford when they perform the way everybody doesn't want us to perform.

"For me the fans are the strongest asset of the club, the infrastructure is strong enough to make us a sustainable force going forwards.

"When I was presented with this amazing opportunity the first thing I thought about was what infrastructure is there.

"Was I taking on a poison chalice or setting myself up to fail? Hereford FC has a fantastic infrastructure and has been built well from the ground up. 


"The main responsibility is that I along with the rest of the board are responsible for making the people that turn up and watch the football club smile.

"I'm responsible for the exiles being able to listen on the radio and think 'that's my club'.

"I don't people not look forward to Saturday. As a fan I punch the air when we score and feel the hurt when we lose.

"I do exactly the same now as do the other directors. What I have now is the position of responsibility where I can help deliver what the fans require as what I had before was a position of being able to assist.

"Now it's my job to drive forward the brilliant strategy we have as a football club. The directors that have been involved since the start of this new entity Hereford FC have solid foundations in place and a brilliant business plan and they have got a strategy for the next five years.

"My job as chairman is make sure we don't deviate away from that strategy. If it fails ultimately it's not the other directors that will be at fault for that it will be me."

More at: https://www.herefordtimes.com/sport/17715482.hereford-fcs-new-chairman-andrew-graham-aims-to-bring-board-and-fans-closer-together/