Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Lloyd Said Hereford Got Going After His Goal


Striker George Lloyd says it's not all about scoring goals, but he played a crucial part in securing a point at Telford on Tuesday evening where he scrambled home the opening goal.

The 18-year-old is on loan until January from Cheltenham Town and still trains with the Robins in the week, and he feels Hereford got going after he broke the deadlock midway through the first half.

"It was nice to get another goal, the aim is to get a goal a game which would be nice for a striker," said Lloyd.

"But it's about the team, and if I don't score and get an assist, or I don't score but I've worked hard for the team then I'm happy.

"He took a touch in the box and I sort of closed him down, it kind of fell for me so I stretched for it and managed to get it through the keeper's legs.

"Then we started to get going, before that we didn't really get going so it was good."

Lloyd was up against Telford centre-back Theo Streete, but knew because of his size it wasn't going to be easy, but he knew he needed to use his pace to cause Streete problems.

"He took a little knock, and Morf (Will Morford, coach) told me and I recognised it as well," Lloyd added.

"So I said to the centre-mids if you haven't got an out ball just stick it on him because it seemed to get the better of him.

"Players like that who are bigger than you, you're physically not going to better them, so you've got to get around their feet and be a nuisance.

"Where they make up their size they're a bit slower than you on their feet so you've got to do that."