Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Harris Quits Gloucester City


Tim Harris has quit as manager of Gloucester City. Currently the club is playing at Evesham and gates are falling. It's eleven years since the club last played in Gloucester.

"It’s with a heavy heart, that this morning I have resigned from Gloucester City Football Club," said Harris as reported by GloucestershireLive.

“For those that know, me it’s a decision I’ve not taken lightly, and it’s been something I have wrestled with for at least the last six months."

He feels that the club isn't going forward.

"It can't keep going.

“Gloucester City’s fans are totally disillusioned with the current club. Is a phoenix club the answer? I am not sure, but if it happens I’ll be right behind it.

“If that’s what it’s going to take, I’ll do what I can to support it.

“Look at Hereford, after the mess they got themselves into. There is so much enthusiasm there now and they are getting crowds bigger than many League Two clubs.

“Their fans have a passion, believe and want to get their club back in the Football League.”