Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Friday, May 05, 2017

We Support Cuss As Best We Can Said HUST Chairman


HUST chairman Richard Tompins has said that he isn't surprised at the generousity of the supporters in funding Jamie Cuss's knee operation which is set to take place today (Friday).

"There is a closeness now, much more than I've seen in the past, between players and fans, there's a real bond there," Tomkins told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"He's a local boy and we support him as best we can."

Meanwhile Cuss has confirmed that if he had the operation on the NHS there would be a 12 month waiting list which is why an appeal to raise £10,000 was set-up.

"The doctor told me if I didn't have the operation I wouldn't play again," Cuss told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"But there's a year waiting list with the NHS so I didn't want to wait that long.

"I went to see Peter Beadle who said we'll knock up something together and we'll ask the fans to rally round.

"The fans have been fantastic. I thought I was pushing it to get half-way there."

Cuss said he should be walking straight-away after the operation.

"I can't run for three months and I can't play competitive football for six months. So I hope to be back end of October time."