Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Thursday, May 04, 2017

Cuss all set for knee surgery



Hereford striker Jamie Cuss is all set for knee surgery which will take place in Bristol tomorrow morning.

Cuss has been speaking to Radio Hereford FC, BBC Hereford & Worcester and the Hereford Times ahead of the operation.

He says he has been overwhelmed by the generosity of Hereford fans, and is grateful for the support he has received from the Hereford United Supporters Trust and Hereford Football Club.

His £10,000 appeal target has been reached, and this has enabled him to undergo the procedure privately rather than await 12 months for an NHS operation.

"I didn't think my appeal would get anywhere near its £10,000 target, but the fans have been unbelievable and it shows Hereford is the best club to be at in non-league football," said Cuss.

"I got to £4,000 very quickly, but then it kept going as the fans ensured the appeal never got forgotten.

"HUST have been fantastic promoting it and it's worked”.

The Bulls boss Peter Beadle has confirmed Cuss will be given every opportunity of recovering full fitness over the next six months, and is hopeful he can play a part in the ongoing success of the club.

Cuss is already looking ahead to pulling on a Hereford shirt once again, and admits it would be an emotional experience if he can play in front of the Bulls’ fans at Edgar Street once more.

"I'm a determined individual in that if I want something I will go and get it.

"It's been proved that I want to play for Hereford and I will play again as long as the gaffer wants me."

Cuss explained he will not be able to run for at least 2 months, but will be rehabilitating fully, with swimming and muscle strengthening exercises a major part of the recovery plan.