Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Five Hartpury Players Set For Wembley With Hereford


Five staff and students at Hartpury are set to take part in Hereford FC's FA Vase final at Wembley on Sunday.

The five, Mustapha Bundu, Jimmy Oates, Nathan Summers, Sirdic Adjei-Grant and Mike Symons have spoken to the Gloucester Citizen about their hopes for the day.

"It will be a dream come true when we walk out on the pitch for the final and getting to play at Wembley will be an unreal moment," said 25 year old Oates who comes from Australia.

I had no idea about Hereford before I joined but I remember playing for the team on the first game of the season and the atmosphere was absolutely ridiculous.

"I was buzzing because the stadium was packed and it's been like that all season.

"From playing semi-professionally with Manly back in Australia and getting maybe 100 people come and watch to the amount we get at Edgar Street is a massive difference and it's been fantastic."

Mike Symons signed for Hereford ftrom Gloucester.
 
"I've been at Hartpury for 10 years now, as a student and lecturer, and I can honestly say I've never experienced anything quite like playing for Hereford," said Symons.

"The buzz and experience that you get from all of these fans is amazing and it really does get you going and wanting to perform for the team."

Nathan Summers was with the Plymouth Argylle Youth team.

"This has been my first full season in men's football and playing in front of a large crowd has definitely taken time to adapt to," said Summers.

"The fans have been unbelievable all year and it's surreal that people come to us asking for signatures!"

Mustapha Bundu hails from Sierra Leone.

"I didn't know much at all about Hereford before joining but playing at Hartpury has definitely helped prepare me for playing for the club,"said Bundu.

"I'm a Manchester United supporter and I grew up watching them on TV playing at Wembley so to be able to play a game there as well is really special for me.

"All the Hereford fans have been great and they also post a lot of highlights from our games on social media so my parents and friends can see all of the action back home."

Finally Sirdic Grant From Ghana.

"Hartpury has really helped build my character and that's improved my performances on the pitch," said Grant.

"Getting to play for Hereford has been really enjoyable and we've dealt with the pressures well as a squad so hopefully we can end the season with another win."

Hereford manager Peter Beadle praised the Hartpury quintet.

"Our relationship with Hartpury has been very professional and extremely beneficial for both parties and the five lads that have played for us have conducted themselves in a highly professional manner and have played a huge part in the club's success this season.

"We hope that this partnership continues for many seasons to come."