Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, December 12, 2015

I Never Won 22 Games On The Bounce Said Addison


Former Hereford United manager Colin Addison who was in charge when Mick McLaughlin was a player spoke to BBC Hereford and Worcester after today's game at Edgar Street.

To start Addison spoke about the game.

"Really atroucious conditions, very strong winds.

"Considering that, I thought at times there was some very good football played even though at times the ball was over-kicked, ran out, ran away, over the stands.

"All in all I thought a great result for Hereford."

Trevor Owens noted it was the 22nd straight victory for Hereford.

"Wonderful, I never did that, I wish I could have done that.

"Peter has got them organised. Good discipline. So strong at the back with Greeny in that central defensive position.

"On times when they did get it down and played it and passed the ball, passed it accurrately, they looked very good.

"Perhaps they should have won by more. The penalty went in from the rebound, the keeper made a magnificent save.

"It could have been four or five another day but I'm sure Peter and the lads will take 2-0."

Then about Mick McLaughlin.

"Wonderful guy, great, great friend. Always kept in touch with him even when I left Hereford United and he went back to Newport.

"It was his conditions today.

"Peter Issacs, myself and one or two of the crowd thought he would have loved these conditions.

"We'll put that win to McLaughlin today."