Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Monday, December 22, 2014

Outside The Headmasters Office


London Bull was in Court on Friday:

I'd been strongly considering attendance in court on at least two previous occasions but lost my nerve each time. I likened it to sitting outside the headmasters office at school or going to the dentists. It's a place I'd generally not choose to go to regardless of the situation but, unlike Andrew Lonsdale, I'm fairly certain I'd have busted a gut to attend on time had I been obliged to be there. However, on Friday 19th December I took my HUFC shirt, scarf, hoodie and wristbands to work with me and planned to bat my eyelids at the boss around 3pm if I finally plucked up the courage to go. It'd always been difficult to work whilst The Bulls were in court and I sense I'll need a new F5 key before too long given how many times I was refreshing the news feed. Needless to say, I'd printed a map at lunch and tried to explain my motives for going to two bemused work colleagues. They made me promise I wouldn't get in trouble outside!

I left work in Camden at 3.30pm and began the short journey to Chancery Lane tube. It's strange walking through the legal and financial areas when you're in a hoodie and trainers as everybody else was smartly dressed. I listened to some dance music on my phone to give me something to concentrate on and made my way down Fetter Lane to the court building. Paul Rogers from the Hereford Times was outside and introduced himself. I clocked a TV camera too but the person holding it didn't give me a second look. It turned out to be Midlands Today. Paul and I walked in and headed up to the room Hereford United were due to be heard in. I kept an eager eye out for Lonsdale, Agombar and other associates but there was no sign of any of them. I also overheard conversations between a number of Barristers who seemed to be expecting the inevitable. A few other friendly faces turned up and we were ushered to a bigger room because of how many people were there.

I continued to look out for one of the incumbent regime but nobody turned up which was ominous. We stood as Judge Baister entered the room and did his formalities. The one Barrister representing the club was positive the £1 million transfer had been made but he had no proof because Lonsdale was "stuck in traffic". I disguised a snigger as a cough as representatives from the other side of the fence pushed for a solution. The Judge had clearly heard enough and, from what I remember, said "time's up" and spieled some legal jargon. A couple of other Hereford fans looked jubilant but I hadn't understood what was going on. As the Judge left, I approached a grey suit who looked started at a hoodie in court asking him what had happened. He confirmed liquidation and span on his heels before walking away. I left stunned because of how clinical it was and we posed for some photos outside whilst Mitch and Justin were interviewed for Midlands Today. One of the guys led the way to the pub for a much deserved pint and we toasted the end of our football team.

I'm 100% behind the new consortium proposal and will do my bit as a London Bull. We'll hopefully look at travel, socials and some fundraising too for next season.

COYB!