Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Supporters Trust At Merthyr


Steve Jenkins After Hereford United Defeated Aldershot Last April
Yesterday Steve Niblett spoke to Steve Jenkins, former youth team coach at Hereford United who is now manager at Merthyr.

A supporters trust is involved with the running of the club

"Last Friday was a very sad day with the club being wound up, but it now gives a chance for a new club to rise up. With the Supporters Trust and the right people with the right reasons all pulling together then there’s no reason to see them back where they were within 5 seasons, possibly higher, it has that potential. 

"Here in Merthyr we have a Supporters Trust, I’m working with people I have known all my life, good honest people. We are about to have a £2 million investment and with gates over 1000 now we are forging ahead. I’ve no doubt Hereford will be doing the same thing. Although I’m a Welshman I really took Hereford to my heart and hope they go from strength to strength."

When asked about receiving a contribution toward his unpaid wages form last season "I’m flattered you’ve all thought about me, but please pass it on to the likes of the lads and staff who didn’t get paid". 

I finally asked him who he would recommend as manager of the new team.

"For me there’s only one man to take it forward. Someone who loves the place, commands the respect, knows the city, knows the right players, has what it takes. That’s Peter Beadle’