Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Porter Named As Assistant Boss


Martin Foyle has named Andy Porter as his no.2 at Edgar Street.

The pair worked together in similar roles at York, taking the Minstermen to Wembley in the FA Trophy and Play-off Final, and also played together at Port Vale.

Porter, 43, was most recently working for Stockport's youth department after previously holding a similar role at Port Vale.

"Andy is coming in as my assistant manager," Foyle said in a Bulls Player interview.

"I was with Andy at Port Vale and he was with me at York as assistant manager.

"We've got a very good relationship, he's an excellent coach.

"He's a good friend, someone I can trust.

"If I'm away from training, watching a game or something, then training will get done to the standard I require." "

Meanwhile, Dan Connor has been appointed as the club's part-time goalkeeper coach. He will combine the role with his work with the youth team, ending his time working for the club's commercial department.