Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Shrewsbury were more clinical says Pitman

In his post match interview with BBC Hereford and Worcester, Jamie Pitman felt Shrewsbury won this afternoon's game at Edgar Street because they were more clinical than the Bulls.

"I think that first half we had a number of opportunities that we haven't made the most of and the same in the second half," said the Hereford United manager.

"We were very close to matching them.

"The difference in the two teams was that they were more clinical than us. Simple as that.

"And I'll say again, because it's happened a number of times here, we haven't had the rub of the green.

"For us to get beat is very disappointing because I don't think they were that much better than us, just more clinical at the right times."

Pitman felt the referee missed a couple of hand-balls, one just before half-time.

"I don't think that was the only one to be honest.

"I felt the referee had a good game but big decisions I think he has got wrong.

"Whether it is intentional or not it's stopped the ball going from where we wanted it to go, so as far as I'm concerned it's hand-ball."