Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Monday, October 31, 2011

Todd wants to stay with Hereford

Andy Todd has been with Hereford United since October 14th and, as he told Sky Sports, so far it's going well enough for him to talk about extending his deal which runs out next week.

"It's going well. I have had four games now and we have won three and lost one, on Saturday away at Torquay. I'm just happy to get a chance to play again."

His move to Hereford came about after Hereford's Director of Football, Gary Peters, watched him in a reserve game when he was at Port Vale.

"It's working for both us, both for the club and for myself. It's given them a chance to look at me and see what I'm all about, because of my age and that, and it gives me a chance to play games.

"I am still living in Derby, so it gives me a chance to get myself fit, play some games and if it doesn't work out at Hereford, at least a few other managers have seen me playing. It's probably a good deal for both parties. I have played four games in three weeks. It has put me back in the picture if it doesn't work out.

"It's tough and I know how tough the league is. It's very competitive. I didn't play the full 90 in the last two games, but I have managed to help out the team in some capacity.

"We have got a tough game on Saturday against Crawley. We have got a bit of a bad taste in our mouths from that result (against Torquay) and we want to get it out against Crawley. We know it's going to be difficult, but the pressure is on them because they are the ones that are expected to go up. We can just go out and have a good go at them."

How is Todd who is 37 and finding life under Jamie Pitman is 35?

"It's been alright. When I was at Swindon as a young player there, he was there as well. I knew who he was and what he's about. He has got Gary Peters alongside him and Richard Sneekes, and they have got a vast amount of experience between them. He's getting a bit of help from them two.

"I am only on a month's contract at Hereford which takes me up to the game on Saturday against Crawley. Hopefully I can stay for another month or so. I would like to go out on a bit of a high this season. Just playing games is nice for me because, like I say, things didn't work out for me at Oldham how I would have liked. We'll just see what happens."

The full article is at: http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,16711_7284074,00.html