Thursday, March 18, 2010

'Dave' free to leave Posh

How times change. During last summer ago Toumani 'Dave' Diagouraga was sold by Hereford United to Peterborough United for around £200k and a four year deal, today he has been told he is a free agent.

Recently he has been on loan at Brentford and it looks as though he will sign for them.

"I started 19 games in the Championship, so to have to step down to get regular football is a bit of a blow," Dave told the Wimbledon Guardian.

"All I want to do is play and I’d rather come down to League One, than be sat on the bench. I’ve really enjoyed playing and have settled in well, so things couldn’t have gone better.

"Everything was going well under Darren (Ferguson), but everything changed when the manager changed.

"I don’t know what will happen next year. I’ve been told I can leave. Will that mean coming to Brentford? I don’t see why not, but I’ll be keeping my options open and will see what happens in the summer.

"Getting promoted and celebrating on the pitch at Brentford was one of my best ever days in football. You want more of that.

"When I spoke to Andy (Scott) about coming here he told me his ambitions and they are the same as mine, to get into the Championship.

"I’ve had a taste of things with Peterborough and I see myself playing at that level again. That is the aim."